Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies


1 stick butter, slightly softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin
*beat these ingredients together

2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
*mix dry ingredient together, then add to wet mixture

You can add chocolate chips, we do about half the time. They are amazing either way!
Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and back at 350 degrees for ten minutes (though I usually have to bake mine longer, I must make big cookies!)



Super Amazing Yummy Icing
melt 1 stick butter
add 1 cup brown sugar
*cook until sugar dissolves
add 1/4 cup milk and cook 3-5 minutes stirring frequently
*take off heat and cool for a couple of minutes
stir in 2-3 cups powdered sugar (I usually add 2 1/3 cups)
*if it gets a little to thick you can add some more milk. Keep stirring, the powdered sugar usually wants to clump together, but I am too lazy to sift my powdered sugar first, so I found if i just keep stirring it usually breaks up

No comments:

Post a Comment